[Taxacom] complication of host plant listings

John Grehan calabar.john at gmail.com
Tue Oct 16 10:00:59 CDT 2018

I would be interested in any opinions as to how to treat species names for
host plant records when hybrids are involved, especially where there is a
lot of crossing of hybrids as well. I have a case in Paeonia where there
are many, many hybrids. One example is 'Pink Vanguard' x 'Paula Fay', a
cross that includes lactiflora, macrophylla, officinalis (or peregrina),
and mlokosewitschii. Perhaps I should just refer to the hybrid names along
in such cases.

Thanks,
John Grehan