[Taxacom] Now 2 species/genera in Placozoa...

Tony Rees tonyrees49 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 24 06:23:48 CDT 2018

Dear Thomas, all,

>  > On Sun, 23/9/18, Thomas Pape <tpape at snm.ku.dk> wrote:
>
>  Unfortunately, it is more complicated than that.
>  The original work was published e-only and without evidence in  the work
itself of  registration in ZooBank.
>  The journal PLOS BIOLOGY does not provide an intended  archive under
its  registration in  ZooBank.
>  Therefore, this work cannot be regarded as published for  the purposes
of  zoological  nomenclature in its electronic form.

>  Thus, unless there is a printed version of the  work, the  correction
does not point to a  published work.
>  Even the correction itself does not comply with  the ICZN in its
electronic  form.

>  The placozoan names therefore remain  unavailable.
>
>  The Commission is aware of the problems associated with such published
but  non-compliant  works. Until a solution has
>  been implemented, it is strongly recommended to consult with
the Commission before attempting to 'resurrect'
>  names and nomenclatural acts.

So, can you suggest what would be the least disruptive course of action in
this instance for the authors to follow in order to ensure that their new
names are made available? If so, I will direct the authors' attention to
the advice and/or opinions contained in this thread, which they will
probably not otherwise be aware of.

Regards - Tony

Tony Rees, New South Wales, Australia