[Taxacom] Availability of Nephilingis Kuntner, 2013

Geoff Read gread at actrix.gen.nz
Tue Aug 20 00:06:07 CDT 2019

I searched for past comments questioning the published status of this name
& didn't find any.

However, the obvious deficiency is that the publication of this name was
in an author's-origin Word doc appendix which the journal is free to take
offline at any time, making the description inaccessible. Journals
routinely disclaim responsibility for such 'extras' to articles. This is
not a trivial technicality.

I agree with Neal that the spider database should have flagged this name
as having code compliance problems.  However, it should be in the
database.

And from the doc "the new (Nephilingis) and the old (Nephilengys) generic
names are pronounced similarly."   Oh, what a great idea ... not!

Geoff

Geoffrey B. Read, Ph.D.
Wellington, NEW ZEALAND
gread at actrix.gen.nz