[Taxacom] OMG! DNA only descriptions (with one habitus photo)!

Zimmermann Dominique dominique.zimmermann at nhm-wien.ac.at
Tue Jul 30 16:27:28 CDT 2019

Dear colleagues,

I have been following the discussion. I think the question addressed in the manuscript is an important one: being faced with species numbers several times as high as the number of currently described ones, what can we do to approach it in a faster though efficient way and make it "nameable" for other studies, specifically in hyperdiverse and underexplored taxa. The question is, what is the minimum we can agree upon. Or is it unnecessary to explore new approaches, trying to approximate an inventory of life in a foreseeable period?
As the editor of the journal I of course invite any reply to this publication, but I think it would be best for the cause to really address this very question.

Kind regards,
Dominique
Information gemaess UGB Par. 14 Abs. 1

Naturhistorisches Museum