[Taxacom] User survey, database of species phenotypic traits from taxonomic literature (THANKS!)

Boyle, Bradley L - (bboyle) bboyle at email.arizona.edu
Thu Jun 13 16:18:39 CDT 2019

Dear Taxacomers,

Thanks to the many people who provided feedback on our proposed project to extract species phenotypic traits from the world’s taxonomic literature. The majority of the responses have been positive, and we received many useful comments regarding the types of research these data would facilitate.

I will be closing the survey next week and summarizing the results for use in the guidance document we are preparing for this project. If you haven’t yet commented and would like to do so, you can access the survey here:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScNPFwW23THwdh3y03FgAChDO78WWlk_4OFu9WOlG63LFum3A/viewform?usp=sf_link

Or here, in case you have trouble with the above url:

https://forms.gle/2ksLmZxRMmWDNitG8

Thanks again,
Brad

___

Brad Boyle, Ph.D.

Research Scientist
The University of Arizona
PO Box 210088, Tucson AZ 85712, USA
bboyle at email.arizona.edu

Botanical Information & Ecology Network:
http://bien.nceas.ucsb.edu/bien/

Taxonomic Name Resolution Service:
http://tnrs.iplantcollaborative.org/