[Taxacom] Searching for correct spelling of a genus name in Leiodidae (Coleoptera)

Tony Rees tonyrees49 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 17 18:27:12 CDT 2019

Dear Taxacomers,

I have come across the genus name Excelsoriella (or Excelsiorella) Salgado,
2008 in Leiodidae (Coleoptera), spelled in both ways (try searching for
each in Google Scholar). The original appears to be published in

SALGADO, J.M. 2008. Contribution to the knowledge of the biodiversity of
Ecuador: new genus, new species and new records (Coleoptera, Leiodidae,
Cholevinae). Biodiversity of South America, I. Memoirs on Biodiversity 1:
209-223

to which I have no access at this time. For the record, the works using the
spelling "Excelsiorella" are Salgado, 2011 and Gaspini et al., 2016, while
those using "Excelsoriella" are Costas (=Salgado), 2012, Costas, 2013 and
Asenjo et al., 2016.

Any assistance in determining the correct spelling would be appreciated,

Regards - Tony

Tony Rees, New South Wales, Australia
https://about.me/TonyRees