[Taxacom] Searching for correct spelling of a genus name in Leiodidae (Coleoptera)

Tony Rees tonyrees49 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 18 14:48:06 CDT 2019

Thanks to those who replied, I have been able to establish that
Excelsiorella is the correct spelling for this taxon. I have refrained from
creating a separate entry in the IRMNG database (which I presently curate)
for the misspelled version at this time, although it is arguable either way
- I have inherited a large number of published misspellings from
Nomenclator Zoologicus and some other sources, but am not sure whether I
particularly want to add to them further... As it presently stands,
entering the erroneous published spelling "Excelsoriella" into the data
search interface will offer the correctly spelled version as a candidate
near match, as per this direct link:

http://www.irmng.org/aphia.php?p=taxlist&tComp=begins&tName=Excelsoriella&action=search

Hopefully current and future users will appreciate the fuzzy match facility
employed (see https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0107510 for more
details).

Regards - Tony