[Taxacom] Conservation good news and bad news (land conservation/gray wolves)

Kenneth Kinman kinman at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 6 20:19:53 CST 2019

Dear All,
       The good news is that both houses of Congress have now passed a sweeping Land Conservation Bill.  But I guess it's not good news for some who want to use motorized vehicles in some of these areas.  Probably will be some local protests.
       The bad news, at least for some, is an announcement today indicating that the U.S. Field and Wildlife Service will soon be again trying to remove the gray wolf's endangered species status.  Wasn't it just a few months ago that they tried, but the courts intervened and the Senate failed to act on a bill passed in the House?  I guess this will keep happening since there was even such an attempt made during the Obama administration, but the efforts seem to becoming more frequent.