[Taxacom] Darwin's Doubt

Frederick W. Schueler bckcdb at istar.ca
Sun Mar 10 16:44:33 CDT 2019

Taxacomers,

I'm in a discussion group with some intelligent design enthusiasts, and
this week we're going to be discussing "Darwin's Doubt: The Explosive
Origin of Animal Life and the Case for Intelligent Design" -
https://darwinsdoubt.com/ - which seems to me so far to be based on the
argument from personal incredulity, but I don't know much about the
evolution of protein folding, and I wonder what others have thought
about this. I have seen this book called "a masterwork of
pseudoscience," and it doesn't seem to explore the Great Unconformity,
or the selection pressures that would have been present on an unsettled
animate morphology moving into a completely vacant niche space...

fred.
          Frederick W. Schueler & Aleta Karstad
          Fragile Inheritance Natural History
Mudpuppy Night in Oxford Mills - https://www.facebook.com/MudpuppyNight/
'Daily' Paintings - http://karstaddailypaintings.blogspot.com/
4 St-Lawrence Street Bishops Mills, RR#2 Oxford Station, Ontario K0G 1T0
   on the Smiths Falls Limestone Plain  44.87156° N 75.70095° W