[Taxacom] canaliculate

Kenneth Kinman kinman at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 3 08:10:25 CDT 2020

Hi John,
          You said you were describing U-shaped channels.  I would assume "canaliculate" could also refer to channels that are parabolic rather than U-shaped.  So if your channels are strictly U-shaped, I would think that "U-shaped channels" would be more precise.  But if your channels are sometimes parabolic rather than U-shaped, then canaliculate might be okay.
                 My two cents,    Ken

From: Taxacom <taxacom-bounces at mailman.nhm.ku.edu> on behalf of John Grehan via Taxacom <taxacom at mailman.nhm.ku.edu>
Sent: Monday, August 3, 2020 2:24 AM
To: taxacom <taxacom at mailman.nhm.ku.edu>
Subject: [Taxacom] canaliculate

I received a few suggestions and all much appreciated. The term
'canaliculate' used in botany seemed to fit the bill quite well. Will have
to see what my collaborators think of that.

John Grehan
Taxacom Mailing List

Send Taxacom mailing list submissions to: taxacom at mailman.nhm.ku.edu
For list information; to subscribe or unsubscribe, visit: http://mailman.nhm.ku.edu/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/taxacom
You can reach the person managing the list at: taxacom-owner at mailman.nhm.ku.edu
The Taxacom email archive back to 1992 can be searched at: http://taxacom.markmail.org

Nurturing nuance while assaulting ambiguity for about 33 years, 1987-2020.

More information about the Taxacom mailing list