[Taxacom] canaliculate

Peter A Rauch peterar at berkeley.edu
Wed Aug 5 15:14:22 CDT 2020

Why is it important to have a single word to describe the shape?

Is the shape unique, or special, or variable (depending on what?)?

Is the shape's shape variable in a 'meaningful' way?

Is describing that variability an important concept to convey when
discussing this shape or any particular example of this shape?

Can the shape be described in some formulaic manner (mathematically) that
has useful parameters for describing the variations in the shape?

Google "open arch culverts" for some insights into shapes that include the
one(s) you seek to name. See the diagram
<https://www.dec.ny.gov/permits/49066.html> at the top right of this page
for a couple examples of an arch/channel similar to what you seem to be
describing.

Peter