[Taxacom] adaptation of plants to mowing

Frederick W. Schueler bckcdb at istar.ca
Wed Aug 5 23:27:06 CDT 2020

* thank you everyone for the advice and help - here's the article -
https://ngtimes.ca/golden-spangled-lawns/

fred.

On 29-Jul.-20 10:13 p.m., Frederick W. Schueler via Taxacom wrote:

> I'm writing an article for our local newspaper about the way low-growing
> patches of Lotus corniculatus, Bird's-foot Trefoil, are spreading across
> lawns in eastern Ontario. I've asked a botanists group, and have googled
> around, but can't find any published research on this.
>
> Does anyone know of work done on plant species (other than Dandelions)
> evolving low growth forms adapted to life on lawns? -  fred.
          Frederick W. Schueler & Aleta Karstad
          Fragile Inheritance Natural History
Mudpuppy Night in Oxford Mills - https://www.facebook.com/MudpuppyNight/
'Daily' Paintings - http://karstaddailypaintings.blogspot.com/
4&6 St-Lawrence Street Bishops Mills, RR#2 Oxford Station, Ontario K0G 1T0
   on the Smiths Falls Limestone Plain  44.87156° N 75.70095° W