[Taxacom] Molecular evidence (in 2017) supports my 2014 theory about rafting killifish

John Grehan calabar.john at gmail.com
Thu Dec 31 10:52:17 CST 2020

I found an example of that denigration technique (from the Washington
Post). Name redacted.

....... frequently couches ......most controversial comments this way,
which allows.... to share a controversial idea, piece of tabloid gossip or
conspiracy theory without technically embracing it. If the comment turns
out to be popular, ....... will often drop the distancing qualifier —
“people think” or “some say.” If the opposite happens, ...... can claim
that he never said the thing ..... is accused of saying, equating it to
retweeting someone else’s thoughts on Twitter.

This is comparable to Rob's technique of saying that 'people' (naturally
unspecified) consider panbiogeography to be analogous to creationism, and
then state that it's not a fair analogy. If it's not fair why bring it up
at all. It would be like me saying that molecular misrepresentation of
divergence ages is not science and then saying I don't think it's a fair
characterization.

John Grehan