[Taxacom] OSTP request for information on Public Access to Peer-Reviewed Scholarly Publications, Data and Code Resulting From US Federally Funded Research

Frederick W. Schueler bckcdb at istar.ca
Mon Mar 2 11:56:57 CST 2020

On 02-Mar.-20 11:31 a.m., Fernandez, Jose (AAFC/AAC) via Taxacom wrote:

>  this society is losing the ability to judge the true value of things, instead of relying on "likes", "followers", "clicks (on websites)" "impact"...

* I was sloughed off from the system before "impact factors" began, but
I've always wondered if the basis for them hasn't been hiring and
promotion committees unwilling to read a candidate's work and judge its
value for themselves.

fred.
          Frederick W. Schueler & Aleta Karstad
          Fragile Inheritance Natural History
Mudpuppy Night in Oxford Mills - https://www.facebook.com/MudpuppyNight/
'Daily' Paintings - http://karstaddailypaintings.blogspot.com/
4 St-Lawrence Street Bishops Mills, RR#2 Oxford Station, Ontario K0G 1T0
   on the Smiths Falls Limestone Plain  44.87156° N 75.70095° W