[Taxacom] Taxonomic question

Francisco Welter-Schultes fwelter at gwdg.de
Thu Mar 19 19:27:50 CDT 2020

1865 p. 468 should be this one:
https://www.biodiversitylibrary.org/item/96107#page/508/mode/1up

in addition to Doug's cited characters:

"the coriaceous integument of the body, and the hairs attached to the feet"
and
"resemblance to the recent genus Lycosa"

I would not employ the term "sad", for it lacks a neutral approach to
the situation. Either this description denoted the taxon at the time
when this was published, or not. Arachnological expertise is necessary
to judge this. If it did not denote the taxon, i.e. if the description
did clearly not allow to distinguish the taxon from others known at the
time, then the next available source must be consulted.

-----
Francisco