[Taxacom] website options

John Grehan calabar.john at gmail.com
Wed Mar 25 10:37:17 CDT 2020

Dear colleagues,

For a good number of years I maintained a website on ghost moths
(Hepialidae - http://johngrehan.net/index.php/hepialidae/ but I can no
longer sustain the cost and the free software involved (Concrete5) no
longer worked properly (even after updating). I will likely have to
discontinue the site and would be interested to know if anyone is aware of
other potential options that are both free or very inexpensive (e.g. the
current site costs US $213) and is also intuitively easy to operate (I am a
computer moron - seriously). I was recently made aware of scratchpads which
seems fine if one has a lot more technical proficiency and has the
institutional resources, but I don't. For example, I need a site that can
provide a front page listing genera, and then links to individual pages
with species and images. Any suggestions most welcome. Please send off list.

John Grehan