[Taxacom] Map vectors and alternative for Natural Earth Data for distribution maps for West Indies taxa?

Vinicius Ferreira vinicius.sfb at gmail.com
Thu Sep 10 21:57:55 CDT 2020

Dear colleagues,

Does anybody know of alternatives to Natural Earth Data for high resolution
free vector and raster map data for the West Indies?

I have been (happily) making my species distribution maps using the Natural
Earth files and Quantum Gis for many years, however, I am currently working
in a project developing distribution maps for taxa distributed in the West
Indies, for which the resolution and the general quality of the vectors
available for the islands on Natural Earth are not very good.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

Best regards,
--
*Vinicius S. Ferreira, M. Sc.*