[Taxacom] Entomology curator position (pollinators) at the Field Museum - Oct 16 review date

Margaret Thayer mthayer at fieldmuseum.org
Mon Sep 21 12:47:06 CDT 2020

I am pleased to announce that the Field Museum in Chicago is inviting
applications for an *Entomologist position* at the *Assistant or Associate
Curator rank*. The Field Museum’s Life Sciences Section has a record of
scientific excellence in collections-based research.  Its entomological
collections are global in scope and taxonomically extensive. We seek
candidates with a background in *insect pollinators or pollination biology*
that have experience in, or an interest to develop, the *integration of
this discipline with evolutionary biology, comparative morphology,
biogeography, phylogenetics, developmental or molecular biology, *or other
related fields. *A record of collections-based research is desirable*.

Prospective candidates belonging to under-represented groups, including but
not limited to BIPoC, LGBTQA+, and women, are particularly encouraged to
apply. Please share this posting with anyone who may be a suitable
candidate.

For additional details, application form, and application instructions,
please see: https://careers.hireology.com/fieldmuseum/420128/description

*Review of applications* will begin on* October 16, 2020. *

*N.B. The Field Museum strives to create a working environment that is free
of sexual, racial, and ethnic discrimination, and that promotes human
dignity among all staff. As such, it is the policy of the Field Museum to
hire without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex,
sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status.*

*If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran,
you may request a reasonable accommodation. The Field Museum strives to
ensure that our career website is accessible to all, including individuals
with disabilities. Email us at accessibility at fieldmuseum.org
<accessibility at fieldmuseum.org> if you are unable or limited in your
ability to use or access our online application as a result of your
disability.*

*Margaret K. Thayer, Ph.D.*  she/her
Curator Emerita and Lecturer (Committee on Evolutionary Biology)
Field Museum and University of Chicago
O: 312.665.7741 (direct)

Field Museum
1400 S. Lake Shore Drive
Chicago IL 60605
fieldmuseum.org FMNH personal web page
<http://fieldmuseum.org/users/margaret-thayer>
FMNH Insects collection database
<http://www.fieldmuseum.org/explore/department/zoology/insects/collections>
 Austral Staphylinidae & Staphyliniformia
<http://archive.fieldmuseum.org/peet_staph/>

<http://fieldmuseum.org>